Mick Johnston Discusses the Importance of the Reproductive Stage of Growth
“Most crops are entering the reproductive stage of growth. Focusing on plant and root health is very important.”
Mick Johnston | AgriGro Rep – Boone, IA
2019 is a challenging yet exciting year. Production difficulties driving higher commodity prices will provide real returns for added bushels this fall. We don’t want to leave bushels on the table any year, and 2019 is no exception.
Most crops are entering the reproductive stage of growth. Focusing on plant and root health is very important. Many producers are concerned with how excessive rains will impact nitrogen availability and how diseases may attack stalk and leaf quality.
We still have some key opportunities to drive grain quality, yield, and soil health to finish the 2019 season strong.
1. Nitrogen Management: Taking a soil and tissue test is one of the best ways to understand where you stand on nitrogen availability for your growing crop. With high clearance sprayers and Y-Drop technologies, you can feed your plants the nitrogen they need to finish strong. Lack of nitrogen is one of the most significant robbers of yield and quality we can experience.
2. Foliar Feeding: Every year, producers experience hidden hunger in crops. By using foliar feeding technologies, you will have a higher probability of achieving maximized yield and profit potential.
3. Disease Management: Fungal and bacterial diseases provide yield-limiting challenges every production year. Crop scouting and understanding the limitations of your crops is an integral part of a successful crop plan.
Start Strong and Finish Strong with AgriGro:
With our season-long approach to plant and soil health you have the opportunity to increase your microbial activity, nutrient availability, plant health and additional profit potential.
– IgniteS4: By adding IgniteS4 to your nitrogen you will increase availability to your plants. Research has shown up to a 28% increase in nitrogen availability with the addition of IgniteS4.
– AgriCal: Adding AgriCal to the mix will provide another rise in uptake of all nutrients. Adding AgriCal and IgniteS4 to your late-season nitrogen application, will balance the carbon-nitrogen ratio, drive microbial activity, and provide cell building calcium.
– FoliarBlend: Adding FoliarBlend to your foliar nutrient application will increase nutritional uptake, root growth, plant health and soil microbial activity. Research has shown significant increases in nutrient uptake with FoliarBlend or Ultra in the tank mix. Adding these products to your fungicide application will support better plant and root health creating healthier plants that can withstand the challenges that diseases may cause.
Don’t let your crops fall behind. We still have some key opportunities to drive grain quality, yield, and soil health to finish the 2019 season strong.
Improve your soil microbial richness and microbial diversity today – Let us help you.
[button class=”” url=”https://agrigro.com/crops/locate-a-dealer/” text=”Talk to a Dealer”]